Work or be a stay at home mom

Well since I work now, I much rather be at home with my daughter.

cynprz

Asked by cynprz at 9:16 AM on Jul. 14, 2010 in

• I'm a sahm of 5 and haven't worked in 19 years, I love my children more than life itself but I miss the freedom and security a job provides.

Trust me, even if you are only working 1 day a week always keep your job.

If anything think what if.

Trust me.
    abcxyz

Answer by abcxyz at 9:41 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Well I am a work at home mother and my boyfriend is a work at home daddy...I prefer it this way as we both work for ourselves and both have time for our growing 2 year old.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 9:26 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Hmmm I would rather be a Work At Home Mom-- that way I can have the best of both worlds-- I can be home with the kids and still have $$ coming in.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:31 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• You are about to open up the flood gates on here. Just do what you want to do. There are pros and cons to both sides. What will work best for your family. I have mixed feelings. My daughter spent $160,000 on her education to get her degree, now she has a baby and wants to be a stay at home mom. Her husband told her if she wants her child to go to college, she has to continue to work. I have no doubt that one day she will be a happy stay at home mom. I've been involved in child development, preschool and daycare for 25 years. I have seen children blossom in daycare, become ready for school, learn to interact and make friends. Then I've had children start after being at home with little or no interaction with other children and have a really hard time fitting in. It was a challenge to get them prepared for kindergarten. Then there are those right up the middle. It all depends on what is right for you and your child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• find ahappy medium and maybe just work part ime if you can afford too. then you have the days off at home then your daughter will get eh benefit of interacting with other kids.
    karglynn

Answer by karglynn at 9:47 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Everyone does what works for them and that is okay. The only thing I take exception to is the statement that children who go to daycare after being at home don't fit in or have a harder time. How well a child adjusts and fits in depends on the child. It also depends on how good the daycare center is and in my experience of having been in them as a child, knowing many women who've used daycares for their children, and just watching the news, it seems clear to me that there are few good ones which is very sad as far as I'm concerned. So for that reason and the fact that three quarters of what I make would go to pay a daycare, I am a SAHM. Are there days I'd love to be working and bringing in a paycheck? God yes. But my children would spend a minimum of 9 hours a day in a facility that these days I have no reason to have faith in and I would get to spend most of what I make to pay that facility. No thanks.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 9:52 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I stayed home with my daughter for the first year. Now I''m back to work. I would rather work from home.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 10:12 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I'm excited to be a stay at home mom, but my husband makes enough for us to live comfortable so I won't be making our life harder by not working.
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 11:57 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

Next question in
Pizza OR Burgers?

Next question overall (Trying to Conceive)
crampin Etc.