Do you think it is a good idea?

To have mediators on cafemom for when things get nasty and some of us start with the disrespect and insults?

Asked by older at 9:26 AM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • I don't know about mediators but I think if you use Fowl language against another member you should get immediately kicked off for a period of time. Others who get repeatedly unprovokedly rude and nasty should get a three times your out for a period of time too. If you are having a bad day, you shouldn't dump on someone else.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:43 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I thought there WERE "moderators" who deleted replies and sent messages about why they deleted them?
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 9:30 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• No. It's not that kind of forum.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:28 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• no, this is supposed to be a site for adults.
    I personally don't need to get emails debating whether or not I was nasty or whether I just gave a answer that someone didn't care for.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:32 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Nah--we are all adults here--"if you can't take the heat, then get outta the kitchen" lol. (Not YOU--just people in general! lol)
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 9:34 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Yes anon, it is a site for adults but seeing all the bickering that goes on here you wouldn't think so.

Comment by older (original poster) at 9:39 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I thought that's what the admins did already.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:41 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• ILovemy, that sounds like a good idea!

Comment by older (original poster) at 9:46 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• In some cases, it would be good to "give warnings" to some of the people who are so mean and call people names such as "stupid".....I mentioned that about a person who said :"If you are so stupid that you don't understand...." , something like that, but she obviously didn't care that she was insulting a whole group of Moms.And when someone uses disgusting words, or if they call other Moms "*itch"....you know what I mean. I can't even bring myself to use those words and I don't think they should be allowed.....
    Otherwise, I have a hard time with "censoring" but a warning would be good.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 9:55 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• yes
    randerykah

Answer by randerykah at 10:04 AM on Jul. 14, 2010