Anyone have good money saving tips?

just looking for so out of the box ideas. I do all the common sense usual stuff

karglynn

Asked by karglynn at 9:53 AM on Jul. 14, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Don't impulse buy! Buy only whats on sale...like say cookies this week might be half off so by two, so you spend the same amount but have some for next week too...I also never pay more then $2.50 for a box of cereal...when they are on sale stock up they have a pretty long shelf life....when nonperrishables are on sale like 40 to 50% off I buy double if its a product I'll use that much of for that season...like shoprite had banana boat sunscreen onsale for 40% off...I bought 4 bottles...and it was like only buying 2ish....don't get me wrong I stop in the food stores and Target to buy things not on sale, but I really take advantage of the sales on the products I use cleaing products too I stock up when lysol products are on sale for $1.99...I buy 3 of everything and a month or two down the road I'm still using them...about a yr ago or financial situation took a turn for the worse and I've learned how to save $ Good Luck!
    Good
    prettyhipmom

Answer by prettyhipmom at 11:06 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I have $1.00 taken from my checking account and put in a saving account everyteim a use my debit card. it starts to add up
    northcarolinama

Answer by northcarolinama at 9:40 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• http://www.thegrocerygame.com/

That's my very best money saving tip. I've cut my grocery and HBA and OTC and pet food bill by 45% and I always have plenty of healthful food and toiletries and meds in the house. Plus, I've learned lots of other ways to save money. It's fun and easy and profitable for me.

May-20

Answer by May-20 at 8:46 AM on Jul. 15, 2010