14 month old has a fever.... help!!!

She has had a fever of 99 or higher for three days now. I took her to the Dr yesterday and they told me that she might have a viral infection (which they can not treat... I understand that) she is also teething which they said could be causing some of her problems... however, the tylenol isn't helping to reduce the fever... so what do I do??

SlapHappi

Asked by SlapHappi at 10:09 AM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Cool wash cloth. Some luke-warm baths. Dress her cool like shirt and diaper...do not bundle her up. My 15 month old son just had a fever of 103.6 and that's all I could do and tylenol every 4 hours. Lot's of water and liquids that will flush out the virus quicker.
    ktinaza

Answer by ktinaza at 10:13 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Motrin works for my daughter.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 10:43 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• If your child is acting fine dont even bother with taking their temp... it's not important. A fever is nothing to worry about. Encourage fluids and only give fever reducer before bed to help your child get a better night's rest. If she is very cranky and uncomfortable you have give both Tylenol and Motrin to make her feel better... but if she is acting mostly normal then just let her be.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:50 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• my 3 kids have fevers all the time due to them haven bad heath so i worry alot just keep her in a daiper and dnt give her no milk water, jucie hope she and u feel better
    crystal85

Answer by crystal85 at 12:43 PM on Jul. 14, 2010