Could you,would you be willing to..........

Live your life,even if it was for a short period of time,more green,get yourself places using people power,or public transportation? The drivers license question got me thinking. Not so long ago,people walked to work,or biked,or rode the train/bus.Nowadays we get in our cars alone to drive a mile or less to our destinations when it would be better overall for our bodies and the planet to get there under our own power. My husband works with a guy that lives a block away from work and drives his TAHOE to work! My favorite are the ones that drive to the gym to walk on a treadmill!

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 10:14 AM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have no car but four days a week I walk to work and any place else I have to go or I take the bus. Working out in my own house and at school where I work can be reached on the bus or lightrail.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:19 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I know what you mean. Walking is best. But I live in Minnesota and during the winter when there is snow and ice everywhere,it is tough to walk anywhere. But , I agree...the guy who drives his Tahoe to work a block away? He is nuts. I bet he is fat, with a beer belly. Know what I mean? LOL.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:16 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Absolutely...if we did not live so far out in the country...my DH has to drive several miles to work every morning.
    My daughter is about to go to college...she's taking her bicycle to get around campus. She's not taking her car.
    Leezah

Answer by Leezah at 10:19 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• we try and do "green" things... I just can't stand wasting things... so we garden and compost, we recycle (I even reuse bathwater for my flower beds), I plan on using cloth diapers when our baby comes... things like that. when we lived in CA we hardly ever used our car because everything was really close and there were sidewalks and bike paths all over town... now we live in AL and you could get killed trying to ride your bike somewhere- and everything is so spread out. We finally had to buy a 2nd car which I was kind of bummed about.
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 10:20 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I used to ride my bike to work but I worked as a cook and dressed in checks with my hair in a bun. So it did not matter what I looked like when I got there. I live as green as I can. I work at home now so I save a ton on gas.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 10:26 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• We walk the kids home from school when the weather is cooler. Right now it's 110+ so we take the car everywhere.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:34 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I live in New York City. I walk everywhere and take public transportation. So do my kids. My son and his skateboard are one and the same. My husband is the only one that drives everywhere. I have been living in this matter for as long as I know. People think New Yorkers love to drive that is not so, the ones that are born and raised here love our subways, buses and cabs. Most of all we love walking.
    hellokittyfan

Answer by hellokittyfan at 10:40 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• LOL!
    randerykah

Answer by randerykah at 10:16 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Our world isn't arranged like that now. I live 25 miles from my work. There aren't any trains or buses. There are people who live near who might be car pool potential except of schedules. I can leave at 3:30; whereas, they have duties with teams and coaching that keeps them at school until 5:30 or so. The grocery store and bank are 6 miles away. If I lived in a more urban area, then, yes, I would be willing to use mass transit. I love the Metro in D. C. When we go, we don't even drive all the way in. We stop at the first Metro station outside of town, park our car, and use the Metro while there.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:30 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• It's too hot here. And the closet bus stop is pretty far from my house. So I would love to be more green that way. It's really just not practical.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 11:02 AM on Jul. 14, 2010