is it really such a big deal?

This morning I went to the store with my children we needed syrup for pancakes. Anyways when we were leaving I put the kids in the car and put the cart in front of my car. It was getting hot and I didn't want to leave my kids alone while this lady was watching them she was really stuck up and weird looking. Anyways she grabs the cart and starts shaking her head at me! Seriouly its not that big of a deal, i am not leaving my kids in a hot car unattended with a weirdo watching them! I rolled down my window and I told her just that. She was like you can lock the door it isn't hard! So what your on cart patrole? Are you supervisioning making sure everyone puts there cart away? Goodness get a life it wasn't in anyone way and it wasn't causing anyone harm. Next time I see you I will ram the damn thing into your car! Anyways what would you do?

Claudiomom

Asked by Claudiomom at 10:23 AM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Shopping

• The woman clearly does not have children! I would have do the same thing! I would never leave my kids in a hot car by themselves just to return a stupid shopping cart! Some people just have no common sense or the ability to mind their own business!
    lamom2aj

Answer by lamom2aj at 10:29 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I usually make it a point to park next to a cart corral so I don't have to worry about it. If I can't do that, then if it's not any kind of extreme weather (raining, way hot, way cold), I'll usually put stuff in the car, take the cart with kids to the cart corral, then take kids back to the car. If I'm not comfortable taking the kids like that for some reason (extreme weather, super busy parking lot, something like that), I'll put them in the car and leave the cart somewhere close and out of the way.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:31 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I'm sorry, but the cart-corrals are there for a reason. So that you don't have to walk "all the way" back to the store. I came out of a store about 3 years ago, and my new Honday Odyssey had a cart rammed into the side of it. When I pulled the cart back, the van had a big dent in it! I was SO mad. It's only a few steps usually, and I take my kiddos with me, and then we all walk back to the vehicle. Even if you don't hit someone else's vehicle with it, the wind can blow them into someone else's vehicle, or someone else hits them. Maybe she had a similar experience. We want our kids to grow up to be responsible, thoughtful, law-abiding, considerate people....we should lead by example.
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 12:45 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• i just make my son walk with me to put the cart in the cart return thing.

as for the lady - yeah, she overreacted big time.
    MommyToEthan

Answer by MommyToEthan at 10:26 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• In the overall scheme of life? No, it's not that big of deal. But really? What lesson are you teaching? I absolutely have my child walk with me to put the cart away, as it's important for her to learn what is right. Additionally, leaving carts all over can damage other vehicles (all it takes is a strong wind or another car tapping the cart to send it flying into someone elses vehicle) and it also costs all shoppers additional money, as people have to be paid to retrieve those carts.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 10:33 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• if the cart return in nearby i usually always walk it...sometimes stores like publix only have 1 or 2 returns and i'm not walking across the parking lot to return them so i will leave it at the curb. People can shake their heads all they want, i'm not going to say a word to them
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:31 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• She sounds like one of those people that would complain if you left your kids in the car pay no attention to people like that.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:32 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I usually try to park right next to one of the cart returns. I always put my children in their carseats first so they're safe and then load the groceries, then put the cart away if I'm parked very close to one, if I can't get a spot next to one, then I do NOT leave my children to go put a stupid cart away, that's not important in the big scheme of things to me. I just park the cart up in front of my vehicle at an angle to where it will most likely not get blown by the wind.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 10:38 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I wouldn't have done a thing. If she wants to be miserable that's her thing.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 11:08 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Maybe it helps with my karma points that I'll take a stray cart into the store if I see one close by (instead of getting one from the cart corral). ;)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 2:35 PM on Jul. 14, 2010