Do you think it's okay to record your child's temper tantrum and put it on youtube?

I see a trend with parents recording their young childs temper tantrums and posting them on youtube for the world to see. What do you think about that?

MomInc

Asked by MomInc at 10:23 AM on Jul. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• I don't want to have to see it why would I subject anyone else to that. I think it is wrong to exploit your child's rage in that way.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:24 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I wouldn't do it. I don't think it's right to do that to your child.
    jdhshamoo

Answer by jdhshamoo at 10:25 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I think that if your child is having a temper tantrum, you have far more important things that you should be doing than recording it.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 10:26 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• It depends on the child I guess. While some kids might later find it hysterical others might take it as insult to injury and rebel or get more angered!
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 10:26 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• No..not at all. They will think because you are taping them that it is okay.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:27 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I don't think that is right in any way.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 10:29 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I wouldn't do it
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 10:30 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I kind of think its a bit creepy. But then I don't watch a lot of YouTube Videos that aren't music videos.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 10:30 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• That sounds really disgusting. Temper tantrums are not entertainment, in my opinion.
    WHen my kids were little, I would just grin at them and make a "pouty face" and laugh at their little tantrums and it usually made them laugh and forget what they were angry about. They were quite easy going and rarely had full blown tantrums though.
    But tantrums on You Tube are sick.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:45 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I wouldn't do it. However, that one video where the brother hides the camera in his older brother's room and then the older brother finds out his mom closed his World of Warcraft account and comes in and basically throws a tantrum is pretty funny.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:54 AM on Jul. 14, 2010