How long after implantation bleeding will a HPT come back positive?

I *think* I may have ovulated around July 1st. My cycles are completely off, I get maybe 2 or 3 periods a year, so there's no waiting til I miss my period to test. I took a test on Monday, but it was negative and then I had a little spotting that evening and nothing since. I thought I was getting my period, but now I'm wondering if it may have been implantation bleeding. When would I be safe to test again without wasting the 10 bucks on a test for no reason??????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Implantation bleeding is one of those hindsight things. Implantation can occur between days 7-10 after ovulation, obviously the sooner it happens the sooner you will get a bfp However, it isn't that common. Also, you can go to the Dollar Tree and get $1 pregnancy tests...and yes, they work. I will tell you this though, I tested at 12 days past ovulation and got a bfn and then tested at 14dpo and got a bfp (with a dollar tree test!).
    bellasmom32510

Answer by bellasmom32510 at 10:49 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• If you were pregnant...it would have tested positive already..it doesnt wait until implantation bleeding is over. I had implantation bleeding around 7 weeks of pregnancy.
    If you believe you are pregnant and the home test keep coming up negative, I would go to the OB and have them do a blood test. Good Luck!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:01 AM on Jul. 14, 2010