Do animals go to heaven?

I always heard and believed they don't have souls, but I do believe they have spirits. I lost 2 of my babies, Chia and a min-pin and I could feel them near me and hear them do things they use to do. ( I am not crazy.) Can anyone give me scripture that will prove that pets go to heaven? Any answers?

FIB

Asked by FIB at 10:41 AM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have never seen such a passage in the Bible.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:42 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I don't know a scripture, but I don't see why they wouldn't... they are one of God's creatures
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 10:44 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I believe they have spirits/souls....
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 10:47 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Animals do not have spirits or souls & so once they die, that's it they just cease to exist. However, because Heaven is supposed to be a place of blessing & pleasure for believers, I think our beloved pets might be there to spend eternity with us. This is just my hope because we have lost some very loved pets & I would love to see them again. I have said many times though that if one of our dogs show up there, I'm gonna question where I'm at! He was a bit of a bad dogie while he was here. :)
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 10:47 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Actually, animals do have souls, as they were created by G-d and He gave them life. but it's not the godly soul that was given to us when G-d "blew" a part of Himself into Man. This is the soul that make us the only beings in creation with the capacity to make moral choices. Animals are instinctual and they cannot go against their instinct (even if we think a dolphin saving a person goes is a moral choice, it's not. It's purely instinctual). Therefore, animals don't have the capacity for spiritual growth. An elephant cannot aspire to be a better elephant. A lion cannot become herbivorous over some "moral" idea that killing is bad.
    So an afterlife where we experience the consequences of our moral choices is exclusive to humans. Why would an animal without free will and the capacity to make a moral choice deserve a reward or a punishment for its actions?

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 10:54 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I believe they do with all my heart. I can't find one good reason to believe they don't
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:57 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I like to believe that animals go to heaven,yes.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:57 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I believe animals will be in heaven, because the Bible says, " the Lamb will be laying down with the lion and the child will be able to play on the Asps hole( snakes)" In so many words. And I believe there will be no enemity there and how it is here on earth will be how it will be in heaven, but withotu evil; and it is just a quantum leap to be with G*D our Father. I believe when we die after being fully educated here and now in this time and space; we will go back in time and things will be as it was in the garden of Eden and no evil will pervade it; for it will be as if it were a New Heaven and new earth; a place where it will truly be Paradise! Heaven will exist on earth or connected to earth! The Bible tells me that! And I believe the Bible!
    emmidr

Answer by emmidr at 11:19 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Isaiah 11:6 does say "the wolf will live with the sheep and the leopard will lie down with the kid; and a calf, a lion whelp and a fatling will walk together, and a young child will lead them".
    However, that verse isn't about heaven, it's about the Messianic times and the peaceful nature of the earth that will exist.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 11:37 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I owned a big (16 lbs.) tabby cat named Leander. He died at about the age of 18. When he was alive, he used to "take care" of me when I was sick or feeling down. He would lay across my feet as I was lying in bed and purr. I have noticed when I am having those same feelings today, even tho he has been gone for 15 years, I will suddenly feel a weight across my feet and a purring that shakes the bed. And my toy poodle, Taffy, has visited too. Gone over 20 years, yet I can hear her toenails clicking on the kitchen tile as she checks the house (she was our tiny guard dog!!). I don't believe animals have souls and live in heaven. I KNOW they do!!!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:48 PM on Jul. 14, 2010