Is it possible to practice Wicca without your family knowing?

My hubby is not a fan and will reject the idea of Wicca.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:16 PM on Jun. 28, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• If your going to practice ANY belief,you should BELIEVE 100% and put your whole heart into it.If you have to hide it from your loved ones,your robbing yourself and them.
    flowerchid72

Answer by flowerchid72 at 7:05 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• I agree with flowerchid72, I am also practicing Wicca, actually doing research about it because I'm pretty new at it. As far as tools and chants and everything else that comes with the practice of Wicca, Find a place in your home where no one will bother you and you can be at peace. You will be out of the way of your family and still will be able to practice the way you want to. If you believe 100% in Wicca, there should be no one to get in your way....
    Sexymom75

Answer by Sexymom75 at 7:42 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• not that I know of. my mother practices in her bedroom as dad is not a fan either. but she can close the door and he respects her privacy. it seems to me he should love you no matter what. Look at the Spiritual Power group here on cafe. maybe the owner has some advice for you. Hugs!!
    Anonymous

• FRANKLY IF YOUR NOT ASHAMED OF IT THEN WHY HIDE IT?!
    friends4me

Answer by friends4me at 10:30 AM on Jun. 29, 2008

• People hide it to avoid turmoil a lot, and it can be a private thing. Only a few people know I practice...only 2 in my family and only 3 of my co-workers. For 2 reasons: 1) I don't feel like daily discussions of me going to hell. 2) Its private and I choose not to talk about to everyone.

But, in response to the OP...in regards to hiding it from your husband, I would not recommend it because it can hurt a marriage. Its different when it is family that live outside the home, but you need to sit down and discuss it with him and explain it is not evil or devil worship.
    seakla

Answer by seakla at 12:23 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• I would have a discussion with your DH to see what about it or why he is against it. He may just have misconceptions or be afraid your going to put a spell on him... LOL. Also let him know how this is important to you, etc... I can some what relate, in my current situation I am having to hide it from my MIL whom lives with us at the moment, because she would totally flip. I choose to hide it from her, because I know she will never understand and I don't want my husband or I to have a reoccuring arguement with her everday she is here. However I still practice in secret, minimized my alter and pack it into our room. I long for when I can go back to being myself 100%, because it is limiting me and tiring as well. So, yes you can... however I won't advise it, doing behind your DH's back will bring problems and oppressing your expression will not let you evolve.
    DzineMama

Answer by DzineMama at 2:32 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Your husband doesn't have to have the same belief as you. And there should be mutual respect on that...whether married or not, everyone should.

Hide it? Why hide it? Don't go shoving it down his throat but hiding it? If you feel you have to hide it, then how solid are you in your beliefs and faith?
    Triessence

Answer by Triessence at 7:44 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• What in the world is Wicca?? Is it witchcraft?
    Anonymous

• I looked into Wicca for a while. I didn't tell hardly anyone. My family found out from snooping around my room. I believe it would be a very difficult thing to hide it from your family.
    Elsas_Mommy

Answer by Elsas_Mommy at 1:44 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• you shouldn't be ashamed of it. "hidding" it from your family is like protection. if you feel like they won't understand you right away. ease them into it. i don't tell my family that i practice. i hardly even tell my friends. just because how i will be treated ( more for my childs sake) if i didn't have a child i would probably be more open about it. when you feel comfortable, do as you please. don't feel peer-presure if some people don't understand how you feel and are telling you to tell your family. YOU know YOUR famlily and how they would react.
    pink_ladybug

Answer by pink_ladybug at 8:19 PM on Sep. 15, 2008