Has anyone ever made a cake or cupcakes the shape of Texas?

I have been asked to do this for someone..And I'm not finding much online about it. I did find some cake pans the shape of Texas on Ebay but need something bigger..Anyone got any ideas?
Thanks

bizima4

Asked by bizima4 at 10:42 AM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Food & Drink

• just put cakes together, a couple 9x13's and frost where they come together at. Draw a template and use that as a guide to cut the shape.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 10:45 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Yes, or you might be able to do it freehand by looking at a good map. Post a picture when it done!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:48 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Texas Cake Pictures, Images and Photos

I found this on photobucket. My sister is a cake decorator and she would just bake a large sheet cake and cut it out in the shape of texas. You can print a template of the state and then cut it out and trace it on the cake before you cut it. You could make it several layers thick and then it would serve more people, because people would need much smaller slices.
    You could make the top look like a map of the state, and then put things that texas is famous for on the sides of the cake.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:48 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Cupcake cakes are very hot right now. Get a big state map, and paste that on to a large piece of cardboard. Make some cool looking cupcakes. with frosting the color of the maps, and arrange them on top. You can write the names of major cities on in the appropriate areas and even draw in some roads if you want
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:49 AM on Jul. 14, 2010