San Diego (if you live there or been there)

What is a must see/do in San Diego for someone just visiting. What did you love what did you not enjoy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• The zoo and the Wild Animal Park (Park being a bit better IMO)...We lived there for 4 years when my kid unit was a toddler. We practically LIVED at the Wild Animal Park...those passes come in handy!! But it was loads of fun. It is one of the few things I actually MISS about living in San Diego.
    There's also Old Town and I seem to remember a railroad museum that was on our list of places we always wanted to visit but never got around to seeing LOL
    It really is a wonderful place to visit!! I hated living there because of my OWN lack of effort to really get out there and experience the area. I was there when my husband was stationed in the area, so that had a lot to do with it. If I had it to do over again, I would have seen a lot more earlier. The last 6 months I was there were the best!! Don't know that I'd want to live there again, but I'd love to go back to visit. Kid Unit wants to hit Comicon! They grow up quick! HTH
    SimplyLaine

Answer by SimplyLaine at 11:03 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I agree about the Wild Animal Park. We just got back from CA and spent Sunday at the Park. It's awesome there. We spent the rest of our trip in Buena Park (not far from San Diego) at Knott's Berry Farm. It's our favorite place to visit.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:40 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• The Beaches (of course) : There is alot to do in Balboa Park: Zoo: old Globe Theatre: Reuben H. Fleet Science Center: Maritime Museum of San Diego: Mission Bay: Sea World: Mission Basilica San Diego De Alcala: Padres Baseball Games: Coronado (shopping/resturants/museums) high end: There are different types of Theatres in the area : Blue Whale Migration: San Diego Natural History Museum: Museums in downtown San Diego (art, photography): Pacific Asian Culture/Spanish events too:

Just to name a few for the month of July... Here are some websites that may help
    www.HelloSanDiego.com www.sandiego.org/nav/Visitors/EventCalendar and www.sandiego.org may help.
    I lived in San Diego CA from 1978 till 1987. I have been back through a couple of times but not really to revisit.
    cjcharlie1959

Answer by cjcharlie1959 at 10:44 AM on Jul. 16, 2010