Broken parts = Broken sex life

A few months ago I was having "relations" with my husband. Well, the worst happened. During some movements, his penis broke. After an embarassing trip to the ER and a short hospital stay he came home. Well now, he is understandablly hesitant to have sex. What can I do to try to spice things up again? He is a "no-go" all the time. I'm dying here...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• Start slow - no penetration!
    CandiGram

Answer by CandiGram at 11:08 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Wow. I had never heard of that actually happening to anyone. Promise to be really gentle and slow? good luck!
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 11:08 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• He will inevitably want it again one day, but I would give him some more time. Men's egos get shot so easily. The reality is that you cannot actually die from not having relations, so if it is so bad something needs to happen relieve yourself for the time being:)

ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 11:10 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• broken? how did that happen when it is basically soft tissue?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• According to Dr. Levine, the penis contains ligaments and cartilage. Although there is no bone, a penile fracture occurs when the ligaments are torn. This is just as painful as a broken bone.
    CandiGram

Answer by CandiGram at 11:14 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Are you serious? I never heard of that before, if so slow down girl, slow down!!! lol...
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:14 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Anon: it's possible to 'break' erectile tissue. It's called penile fracture, and it's a serious injury. There's an audible pop, the penis turns black and blue, and there's horrible pain. It's also possible to bend the penis without actually tearing the membrane. This actually sounds more likely in the OP's case, as tearing the tunica albugina generally requires a surgical repair and about ten stitches.
    OP -- it's possible your husband fears pain after achieving an erection, or perhaps is concerned that he will be unable to achieve an erection at all. Be extra careful with his parts, stop practicing the sexual acrobatics, super fast thrusting, or wild woman on top behaviors that bent the penis in the first time. How long as it been since the incident? You really should give him at least a month for any tiny fissures that may be in the membrane to heal, as well as psychologically prepare to put his little guy at risk agai
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 11:18 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I heard this on Dr. Drew. U have to take things real easy.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 11:20 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Women can go through natural childbirth and guys want sex as soon as they can get it. Bring up vasectomy or a bruised penis and they think the end of the world is coming.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 11:32 AM on Jul. 14, 2010