Ever experience while working out your husband starts to workout as well, but then start talking trash about how you aren't pushing hard enough or calls you a slacker?

In other words does he get the big head when he starts getting in shape? lol

randerykah

Asked by randerykah at 11:10 AM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• LOL! Why do guys do that? He was a lazy ass before, right? It's in his hormones to be competitive. He can't help the testosterone, just as much as us women can't help wanting to eat chocolate and whine to your girlfriends. Just laugh it off and compete with him. Have fun with it! He doesnt mean any harm by it. He may one of those guys who needs someone to push him into doing things. Not a self motivated guy.
    Joanne28

Answer by Joanne28 at 11:16 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• No my hubbs is very supportive and realizes that as a man he has advantage over me. Your hubbs may not be the best workout partner for you. It sounds like he is wanting competition, so he needs someone who also wants that. Have him get another male to work out with:)
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 11:12 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I don't work out with my husband. We are both too competitive.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:13 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• We workout separately during the week and together on the weekend, we walk long distances, and yes he can get very annoying!!! he is 6'1 and I am 5'2, he wants my legs to go as fast as his!!!!

Answer by older at 11:14 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• No, my SO supports me completely. He encourages me and never bashes me for not doing good enough.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 11:14 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Dh and I are good workout partners....
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 11:16 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• that's exactly why I want NO part of working out with him EVER. He is INSANE when he decideds to do things-that goes for cleaning, working out, looking for work...it drives me crazy
    AND he knows it all too which makes it worse!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:24 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I workout by myself so the only one chanting push it you lazy cow is me. LOL
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:25 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• No hubby should be supportive in everyway possible.
    JKBsMommy

Answer by JKBsMommy at 11:42 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Yeah! I've dieted for over a year and lost over 65 lbs, but when he starts to diet and exercies, it's funny how he knows "so much more" than me. He'll say "no, you have to do such and such cause a buddy at work told me such and such"....it makes me SO mad!!! Funny....some of them have to be in control of everything, or they just belittle it.
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 12:34 PM on Jul. 14, 2010