When should I start planning my son's 1st B day?

My son is 5 months and I have been asked by a few people if I had started planning and when I told them no they seemed like it was a bad thing

Gracieluv91

Asked by Gracieluv91 at 11:12 AM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I would start planning at around 10 months
    karglynn

Answer by karglynn at 11:14 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• that is what I was thinking but I though maybe I was wrong
    Gracieluv91

Comment by Gracieluv91 (original poster) at 11:15 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• The day after he's born, and make sure there's a clown, and a pony, or your child will be scarred for life/

I'm kidding,of course.

The first birthday party is really for you, not the baby, as they really don't care. We make ours small, and a big party for two, bigger for three, when it really starts to get fun.

Get used to judgement, mama. That's the one sure thing about being a parent... someone will always know how to raise your kids better than you.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:15 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• It's not a bad thing. At most I'd say two months before if not less.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:17 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I would start planning whenever you want to. There is no magic time, and give those people that question you a big ole "your nuts" look back, smile, and say: trust me, I have my life under control. :)
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 11:17 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• You start planning when you want to start planning. There is no certain time. I think I started getting ideas in my head for what I wanted to do when they were about 10 months old but actually started planning the birthday party when they were 11 months. Do whatever works best for you and just ignore the people looking at you like you are crazy for not having it planned already.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 11:19 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• 1-2 months ahead of time. There is a Great website called Partyinabox.com they have everything you could need or want for a 1st bday party and its delivered to ur doorstep. Good luck!
    JKBsMommy

Answer by JKBsMommy at 11:40 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I started the day he was born! LOL! But really didn't finalize anything until he was about 11 months. But it's whenever you want.
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 11:44 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• About two weeks prior. Pizza, cake, ice cream, a few decs from Party City and balloons --tada! All done.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 11:53 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• www.baby-gaga.com
    we be the mother fucking shit!
    itsaboykayden

Answer by itsaboykayden at 12:00 AM on Jul. 17, 2010