Are there any tips or tricks to suggest when breastfeeding twins?

We are expecting twins, and I plan to breastfeed...to still enjoy the moments but save time doing it, I want to try breastfeeding both at the same time. Not all the time, but it would be helpful if I could manage that. Any suggestions???? Thanks!

happymom121006

Asked by happymom121006 at 11:24 AM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try the breastfeeding group there are some mom of twins that have done it.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 11:25 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I ordered the Ez-2-Nurse pillow from www.doubleblessings.com. With the help of the pillow and a large supply of rolled up receiving blankets I was able to get one twin latched on and propped securely leaving me with both hands free to work on latching the other one. We put a sofa in the nursery to use for nursing because with the pillow and two babies we wouldn't all fit in a single chair very easily, and sitting on the bed like that made my back hurt. When I was alone I brought both babies and all supplies to the nursing station before getting started, and if anyone else was home I'd just set up with one baby and have someone bring the other baby to me. One thing I didn't do as early as I should have was start pumping to help increase supply. If one or both of your babies takes more than a few days to start nursing well I highly recommend pumping to help things along. GL!

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 11:45 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Yes, Go for the pillow to help out and create yourself a zone. Everything you need in one special place. :-) Join a breastfeeding and multiples group- it'll be tough on some occasions, but don't sell yourself short and be prepare overall going into it! There are so many sites to help you succeed.
    Good luck!
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 9:59 PM on Jul. 14, 2010