what if you had a boyfriend that keeps his cell phone locked?

now, i dont have this situation but i was just thinking ..."what if your new boyfriend keeps his cell phone locked?" you know...the text messege part and the contact part locked to where he has to type in a password to get it unlocked. lets say he already had it locked before you met him and now he still has those areas locked up?

when it comes to commitment time, do you ask him to unlock it? or do you respect it? what would you do?

americansugar80

Asked by americansugar80 at 11:40 AM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I would respect his privacy. I don't expect him to go through my phone, I shouldn't go through his. I have nothing to hide, so if he did, it wouldn't be a problem, but people deserve their own space.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 2:02 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• At first it would bother me a little, but if you can't trust him then you have no business being with him in the first place!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:41 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• If my SO has his locked then I ask him what his password is. He's never refused. I know his passwords to everything, even his phone.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 11:44 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I would think that maybe he's had issues with people in the past being nosey in his stuff and he just like some things to be private. As the relationship grew, if I had any reason to doubt his trustworthiness and it stemmed from what he may be hiding then I would just ask him for the password.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:44 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I wouldn't even know. I don't ever check other people's cell phones.

A person who is constantly checking their SO phone should think about how nosy they are being and why they think something bad is happening in his phone.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 11:45 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I would ask if he had anything to hide. I don't lock you out of my stuff so why do you lock me out of your's.
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 11:41 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• If he had it locked before you met him, then there has to be a reason that has nothing to do with you on why he locks it. Why not just ask him why he locks his phone? Could just be paranoia of loosing his phone and some one looking through it.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 11:44 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I don't think it would bother me. I keep my phone locked all the time, but it is not that I have something to hide, it is a habit. When my son was younger he loved to try and sneak my phone. So, I got in the habit of keeping it locked.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 11:44 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Mine keeps his locked for safety reasons. If he lost his phone or it was stolen, then whoever has it has access to all his personal business. I am secure in my relationship with him and he is very open with me about where he goes without me. I just have to trust him and know that he wont go astray, and if he does, then i will cross that bridge when I get there. but im not gonna live paranoid and untrusting just bc his phone is locked. Im more secure than that.
    Joanne28

Answer by Joanne28 at 11:45 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I would respect his privacy. Why would you want to look at his texts anyway?
    mpeada

Answer by mpeada at 11:46 AM on Jul. 14, 2010