How do u convince ur bestie she has a man that's a friggen J-E-R-K!!!!!

My best friend has a man/babydaddy who is so terrible to her in every aspect of their relationship. He has left her so many times and even gotten another women pregnant one of those times! She is so young and vibrant and could have any man she wishes, but she SETTLES for this asshole....its so sad for me to see her in the position she is in being her bestfriend..my heart aches for her and her son! Advice anyone plz...

IziksMommy09

Asked by IziksMommy09 at 11:52 AM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• Sorry, but none of my advice will come as a comfort. My best friend married the man I hated. I even told her I hated him and KNEW he wasn't good for her. They're still married, but he's threatened to divorce her many time, as well as cheated on her, and leaves her at home with no car for DAYS at a time. He's emotionally abusive and at times has put his hands on her. She's had opportunities to leave and still stays trying to work things out.
    I'm all for working things out, but HE doesn't want to change. He treated her nicely before they got married, but I knew he was bad news.....
    I'm sorry your friend is in a horrible relationship. Just be a good friend....
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 11:57 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• just tell her and if she doesnt listen to u now in the long run she will
    shannonsmom555

Answer by shannonsmom555 at 11:54 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Lots of times, it is better to voice your opinion once and step back. I know how you feel though. I lost my life long BFF to a jerk. He spent years convincing her I was a bad influence and that I was out to hurt her. He even lied several times and said I would hit on him and try to sleep with him, which was completely untrue. She and I were friends since we were 5 years old, and then she eventually let him talk her into cutting all ties with me, which is fine if she wants to be with a complete jerk rather than the best friend she has ever had.
    I was told not long ago by her sister that he had beaten her really bad and she wanted me to come see her, but I just couldn't...I hope you and your friend can remain friends.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 11:57 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I have a friend like that she did marry him and guess what a year later they are getting divorce. Thank God she did not have a baby, but his Gf did before they got married. That is what broke up their marriage.
    Before they got married I did tell her how I felt about him, everything! She would always make more money than him, he was a lazy ass, drank all the time and was going no where and she could never be a stay at home mom, her dream.
    All you can do is support her.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:07 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• You can't. She needs to see it for herself and nothing you can say or do is going to make that happen. Just be there for her through it and give her the support she will eventually need to get out when she comes to that point on her own.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:10 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Sadly, this is something she is going to have to get fed up with in her own time...just be there for her.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:12 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• If you've already told her, that's all you can do short of cutting off the relationship and telling her that her horrible judgment is the reason...you cannot stand seeing her do this to herself.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:13 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• The big problem is that they think he will change when we get married and have babies. Sad but that has never worked with anyone, people just get hurt.

Keep her self-esteem up, just show her how much better she can do. Also ask her where she wants to be in ten years, and does this guy fit in the picture?
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 4:58 PM on Jul. 14, 2010