bathing 6 month old baby

okay i still use a baby bathtub but he is a little big for it so i am just wondering when you put your baby in the big tub?? he is not sitting up great by himself so i would have to hold him up while bathing him....

how do you bathe your 6 month old baby?

EheartsZ07

Asked by EheartsZ07 at 11:54 AM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I used my kitchen sink. Put the drain stopper in, put a towle lining the sink so it's softer and not as slippery to sit on, filled it about half way. Just make sure that there is NOTHING within reach of baby because he will pull it into the sink with him.
    Cassarah

Answer by Cassarah at 11:56 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I bought my kids a bathing chair from a yard sale. It has suction cups on the bottom and they sit in it in the bathtub. They used that for a little while until more sturday with sitting up on thier own then I bought a little blow up bath tub to put inside the tub. She's 17 months and still uses it.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:56 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Get a bath ring. It suctions to the bottom of the tub and surrounds them. You might have to give him a little help right now, but in a month or so he'll sit perfectly in it. I used it as long as I could stuff my kids into it. They can't fall over.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:58 AM on Jul. 14, 2010

• We had one similar to this for my son at that age.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Dream-Baby-Deluxe-Bath-Seat/13213087
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 12:00 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• When my kids were little, we would put them on a thick baby bath foam thing in the big bathtub. Then when they were starting to sit up by we would put them in a bath seat/ring.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:02 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Now that he is sitting up but not well enough to sit in the big tub himself, I bathe him in the kitchen sink. He's seven months.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:08 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• My 6 month old still uses her baby bathtub, but she's tiny so she still fits in it. Also she sits perfectly fine. But if she didn't I would just bathe her in the sink. If baby can't sit up he's not ready for the big bathtub.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 12:09 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• at 6 months i used a bath ring when she took a bath but most of the time i just took a shower with her.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 12:28 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• kitchen sinks work well, they also have little circle bath tub seats that you place in the tub.
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 1:08 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• We just showered together until my baby could sit up. Before that was just sponge baths.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 2:45 PM on Jul. 14, 2010