You want us to do WHAT in Vegas!?!?!

So my SO and I have been through ALOT in the 2 1/2 years we've been together.... I love him, he loves me and we have a 1 year old together... We are leaving to Vegas on Tuesday and he's talking about " We're getting married while we are there." ........ personally marriage scares the hell outta me. ( both parents were divorced 3 times) I want to have the family but I don't want to risk a divorce either.... any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

June_Mama09

Asked by June_Mama09 at 12:10 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• you risked falling in love :) I was scared to get married to! Nobody I know is married anymore :( but I followed my heart and 13 yrs later we are still in love do what is best for you! Goodluck
    starestrada

Answer by starestrada at 12:14 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• If you feel like it is right when you are there then go for it, but if not then make sure to tell him and speak it over with him (preferrably before you get there so it doesn't ruin the vacation). :)

Good luck!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 12:19 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Tell him how you feel.
    adakbride

Answer by adakbride at 12:19 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• well...if you guys separate now it will still be difficult...don't you think? if you are going into a marriage worried about divorce tho, then maybe you shouldn't do it...idk...good luck to you either way tho!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 12:21 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• wow, when i read yout title part of question before openning, i expected he wants to add a third to the two of you, buy a hooker for the night or something else up that alley, do not know what to say as my life is so different. if you have a good man and you KNOW he is a good man, you love him, he loves you and you both know it, maybe marriage does not have to be in Vegas, but maybe he wants to marry and you to can talk about, and agree to talk about some more until you are ready, if you never want to marry as you do not need that to "prove" your committment to each other-talk to him
    he goods like a good guy, hope you both get want you feel comfortable with and find compromise

if you are not dead set against, i would tell him how you feel about him, and your concerns of marriage are not from any negitive feelings about him

ps..have a great vacation!
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 12:41 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Tell him how you feel before you go and make sure he knows that just because your not ready to get mRries right now or in that setting doesn't mean you don't love him. Otherwise I do agree it might ruin the vacatin if not said beforehand
    ProudMammaMia

Answer by ProudMammaMia at 1:27 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I know it's too late for my response. But my DH comes from a home where both parents were married and divorced many times. My parents have been married 48 years. I think when you get married you have to decide you will fight for it, no matter what. And not give up when you hit a rough patch. Marriage is hard work, but you can make it. My dh and I have been married 18 years. GL I'd love to know if you went through with it! :o)
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 9:16 AM on Jul. 19, 2010