Lip Gloss

What brand lip gloss works best for you? You know, not too gloppy, but still shiny with some sparkle? I'm tired of trying every brand and being disappointed. I don't like to weigh my lips down with lipstick and liner in the summer & would prefer a gloss.

gaamom

Asked by gaamom at 12:21 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I use Burts Bees that has a bit of shimmer in it, and I also use Bonnie Bell lip gloss.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:25 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I use CLINIQUE full potential lips#23 cream soda. It has color, sparkle and it stays on and is not an extreme sticky feeling you get with a lot of gloss. Also my friend and I were in Sephora the other day and saw Bare Minerals had a lip gloss out that was a plum color and was the most amazing gloss ever. But they are famous for putting the best product in a pack where you have to buy four other items you don't really want to just get a tiny thing of amazing lip gloss. It irks me because they will sell out of the packs and NEVER add the gloss to the normal size ones they carry now. I just want to smack someone because I would much rather pay $15 for a huge tube of gloss then pay $35 and get a tiny tube and four other items I don't even want. GRRR makes me SOOOOO mad.
    Savymom25

Answer by Savymom25 at 12:29 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Thanks gals! Savymom,with Clinique, I guess this is one example of "you get what you pay for". I'd much rather go to the makeup counter for a purchase if I know a product is going to work rather than go broke in CVS trying to find one over the counter product that I like.
    gaamom

Comment by gaamom (original poster) at 12:34 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Check out Sephora because they may have it cheaper or wait until Clinique has a gift that you like so you don't feel like you are throwing money down the tubes. It is what I do. I got a makeup case, mascara, lip stick and blush with eye shadow case for free when I got my lip gloss and bronzer. I don't normally spend that kind of money but sometimes when you find a good product it is worth it. : )
    Savymom25

Answer by Savymom25 at 12:48 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• cover girl or wet and wild.

LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 11:25 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I buy the VS brand. I like it. Not gloppy at all.
    bhwrn1

Answer by bhwrn1 at 9:11 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Mary Kay
    Shades_0f_C0l0r

Answer by Shades_0f_C0l0r at 12:24 AM on Aug. 20, 2010