Has anyone else ever had to deal with a person like this?

I had to run into the store yesterday. Both of my kids were fussy, especially my daughter who wasn't feeling the greatest... and she kept whining for a certain Barbie doll and I kept telling her that she cant get her ( we had just went birthday shopping for her this past weekend and THAT barbie is one of her presents) ... so she got more upset and I told her she wasnt getting anything with an attitude like that. A nosey woman near-by over heard and came over and told me that if money is that tight I should re-think what i was buying and get my kids something, why did you even have kids if you buy them things?"

I couldn't believe someone was actually saying that and all I could say was " Are you kidding? Both of my kids pretty much has every single toy in this store, not to mention we just spent over $600 on birthday presents the other day. Please mind your buisness, especially when you have no idea what your talking about

glamomomo

Asked by glamomomo at 12:26 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• did you tell her that?
    I don't understand why can't people just stay out of situations like that. The only reason I would step in someone elses business if a child was getting abused...like ABUSED...not just a spank on the butt or a raised voice.
    I would have been floored!
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 12:30 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• yeah that is what I said .. I couldnt believe it either... I wasnt even raising my voice or anything ( and my voice is very quite) .... I think she just felt she was high and mighty or something I dont know...
    glamomomo

Comment by glamomomo (original poster) at 12:31 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• OMG!! Some people can be so rude and nosey!!! I think you handled it very well. I've had to deal with a couple rude people when my son was younger. He is autistic and use to really have issues in the stores.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 12:32 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• That is why I am one of the moms that says butt out when moms write about a difference in parenting style. People are far too nosey today. Seriously, butt out people...I would have looked her straight in the eye and told her to mind her own damn business!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:34 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Oh wow! I woulda slapped her! lol.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:35 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I would have simply walked away. No need to even acknowledge her.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 12:45 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Oh wow! I would have looked her in the eye and been like, "Really? You REALLY think you have the right to butt into MY business like that?"

I haven't ever encountered anyone that rude but I have had them look at me or make snide comments if I raise my voice at the kids or discipline them in public. And the funny thing is all I do is tell my girls if they can't get along thenget away from each other or I will tell them to calm down kind of loudly to get through their bickering... but apparently you can't do ANYTHING these days without attracting attention from those "perfect" parents out there. ;) lol

The other day my girls were fighting AGAIN in the grocery store so I went through the veggies and found the nastiest, ugliest looking root plant I could and made them each hold one. I told them if they fought and hit/pushed each other they'd have to eat one (and I was serious, lol - figured it couldn't really hurt them)!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 12:46 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I would have laughed and shook my head.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:52 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• wow can u say rude!!! i was in a store with my 8 month old cousin and i was holding her on my hip and its like 100 degrees outside so i didnt put her shoes on cuz we were just going in and right out! this lady behind me in line goes " you should really put some shoes on her! " umm ok who do u think u are and did i set her on the ground??NO! who do people think they are!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 1:21 PM on Jul. 14, 2010