Remember Me (disturbing spoiler)

I just heard what the ending is and have decided straight up I will not watch that movie. Of all the possible twists for a movie, they kill the main character with 9-11?? That is in VERY bad taste, I would say. Does anyone else find this disturbing?

wenona_mandy

Asked by wenona_mandy at 12:39 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Entertainment

• maybe we need a break from 'reality' .. theres so much pain and disturbing events around, why not choose a diff ending IMO LOL b4 i get bashed
    san78

Answer by san78 at 1:33 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• sorry have not even heard of it....
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:42 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I've never heard of it either but people did die during 9-11. and it was disturbing...
    JacyB

Answer by JacyB at 12:46 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I've seen the movie, one of the few recent ones I have seen, and the ending is really sad. Frankly many of the network TV programs (NYPD Blue I remember for sure) used September 11 as part of their storyline. (of course being a police program not addressing it would be an elephant in the room). It was only a few minutes of the movie and it was very tastefully done. If it's the type of movie, definite chic flick, you would typically enjoy the ending would likely not change that.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 2:46 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I don't see why reality is disturbing. Too many times Hollywood denies death. It's about time they show some reality.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 12:53 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• It's a new one with the guy from Twilight. I was going to watch it since it sounded like a good drama, but I was shocked at the choice of the ending.
    wenona_mandy

Comment by wenona_mandy (original poster) at 12:44 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• JacyB: I know, and it can give some people horrible memories, so why end a movie like that? There are lots of good choices for shocking endings. Seeing the date on the blackboard and then seeing him standing by the window of one of the buildings was really sick. BTW, yes, they do show the panic and the family members start crying. The last scene is his grave.
    wenona_mandy

Comment by wenona_mandy (original poster) at 12:49 PM on Jul. 14, 2010