Watching the View and Whoopi

went on a rant and it was great. People on the internet disagree with Whoopsters on her views on Mel Gibson. She is protecting a racist.
She said she knows what is to say something racial when angry, when people cut her off in traffic she will say, you N or white @# or if it a women #% .She is real and that is what I do like her. And also Whoopi said he who has never done the same, can throw the first stone. Love her, but, Don't see eye to eye on politics.

gammie

Asked by gammie at 12:41 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Entertainment

• Here's the thing. I think what Whoopi was doing was playing the middle ground. What she was saying was THIS WAS WRONG but that he has been in her home, has played with her kids and there was never a sign of racism... So in HER opinion, this was a racist moment, but she doesn't believe these are his real beliefs or feelings because over the years he has proven otherwise. She was NOT defending what he said or did, she was simply saying that from knowing him for years now, and calling him a friend for many of those years, she didn't think this was more than a horridly worded rant and didn't really show the real feeling of Mel...

Personally, I don't care if he's a racist. I've NEVER liked Mel Gibson... EVER! I never understood how that man had so much as one fan!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:54 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Well I guess I can cast stones because never in my life have I been angry enough to call people racial slurs or rant on other races like he has with jews and blacks. How many times does he get to say shit like this before he IS labeled a racist? 3 times? 4 times? There's a pattern of behavior here. This isn't an isolated incident in the slightest.
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 1:58 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Whoopi says it like it is. I love her. The intent of racial remarks are that of the person saying it. I don't understand these people who when someone says the "N" word, calls someone cracker, etc... take it personally when it wasn't directed at them. Just gives them the opportunity to whine and pretend they are all persecuted when it wasn't directed at them. I just don't get it. It just continues and they don't want it fixed truly. Just want to b*tch about it. I teach my children to respect everyone, no matter their color or race. Its the only real way to change the world. Start with YOUR kids. DO something about it.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 12:51 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I have 15 mins still for the View to start. I realize lots of families fight like that, but when we see a man with what seems like high processing abilities, using such harmful behavior-extra disturbing!

Mel's face looks like a drug users face~that man has some shit to work out...brain gone down~reboot if you can~

I love Whoopi cause she was that person she speaks about.
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 12:52 PM on Jul. 14, 2010