Do you get really irritated when you cook a big meal and NONE of the kids touch it?

Because I just did.The only one that ate was my son. THe others poked at thier plate and then took off.
I'm aggravated as it is today but ya know...its just a waste of money to have to throw all that food away.
UGH.

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 12:50 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• This is a huge issue at my hous! I take it personally. When I was growing up family time was spent eating, food = love to me. So to deny my meals means they are denying my love (I know this is rediculous so I don't react to my feelings but I still have them). Don't throw the food away, you can wrap it up and put it in the fridge for later (especially if they just weren't hungry but would normally like what you made). Or you and your son can have some tomorrow for lunch.
    Cassarah

Answer by Cassarah at 12:53 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• yes
    when they do not eat dinner, i tell them that they eat dinner or nothing else after dinner-no snacks
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 12:51 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Yes, very irritated. No dinner means no desserts, video games or anything else that they may like. So, they have no choice but to eat.
    mom_of_twins972

Answer by mom_of_twins972 at 12:53 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I have not run into that problem because basically at times it's what I like and if they don’t like then it’s all mine.  big smile mini

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 12:56 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• My girls either eat it or go hungry. So they usually eat it, even if they have to plug their nose!
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 2:25 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Easy, do what my mother did with my brother. "You dont like it for dinner? Fine. Tomorrow for breakfast". Next day for breakfast, it would be there. If he wouldnt eat it "Ok, fine. Today for lunch". And if still at lunch didnt eat it "That is ok. You'll have it for dinner!."

Sooner or later he would eat. And seriously, unless they cook their own meals, they eat what you cook and that is it! You are not a restaurant but a mom. And do not throw the food away, it is too expensive to go down the garbage bag.
    Nathanaeli

Answer by Nathanaeli at 5:21 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• We have a 3 bite rule in our house. The kids know this and are fine with it.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 1:42 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Not really.. one time we had our two girls and my SO's little sisters & then another little friend over for a sleepover.. Well, for bkfst the next morn, we made eggs, sausage, bacon, toast, biscuits, gravy, hash browns, pancakes.. all that jazz & NOBODY ate hardly anything.. but if they aren't hungry..they just arent.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:58 PM on Jul. 14, 2010