How many of you have husbands gone for long, speratic stretches for work? How do you notice your kids handeling it?

My husband is in the National Guard. In June he finished his training that was full time for 2 yrs. He has been working when there is training for him to do. So his time at home is all over the place. Week or more gone, home for a couple days or longer. Recently our almost 2yr old has been having problems sleeping. He has never slept well, but the last few night he has been up screaming more than 5x. Yesterday he had a lot of accidents and today a couple already. I didn't put 2 and 2 together until someone said, maybe with his dad coming and going inconsistently that is what is bothering him and causing these behaviors. He doesn't understand what it means when I say "Daddy's working, he'll be him in a few days" after he walks around asking "Where's Daddy". Life is pretty structured other than this HUGE factor. Any suggestions on how to help my little one cope?

2BlondeBabies

Asked by 2BlondeBabies at 12:52 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• Oh trust me kids this days are soo smart he knows that is daddy has to go but he does know why, the same happens to mi kid every day a few minutes his dad has to go to work he dont want to let him go, and pretty soon his dad is going to basic training on the army, so I been looking for some help on the internet for this kind of situations I found some web pagues I hope it will help. I hope you baby likes Sesame Street!!! http://www.sesameworkshop.org/initiatives/emotion/tlc Wish you the best!!!
    Lizygoinghooray

Answer by Lizygoinghooray at 7:41 PM on Jul. 14, 2010