Which is harder to do Forgiving or Forgetting ?

Daffadil

Asked by Daffadil at 12:56 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• Forgetting
    starestrada

Answer by starestrada at 12:57 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• FORGETTING!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 12:57 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• for me personally.. its the forgetting.. I can forgive but to forget how it made me feel or what was done is much more difficult for me.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:57 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• it's easy for me to forgive, but i dont ever forget.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:58 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Forgetting
    Tes...Jacksmami

Answer by Tes...Jacksmami at 1:01 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• For me I think it's easier to forgive then forget. However there are some stipulations on this, if something was done that just completely hurt a member of my immediate family (husband & kids) I wouldn't be able to forgive that and definitely not forget!

LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 1:01 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Forgiving is easy. And can be done.

Forgetting..... LOL.... A person never forgets. Especially something traumatic, hurtful or damaging. The memories can become less painful. We can start seeing those memories in a clearer light. Sometimes the memories can even take on a different tone or shade. Be we do not forget.

Memories are always with us. Even when we get old and start losing them, some remain. Even with alzheimers patients, some memories still remain. In order to completely forget something for all time. You must have no memory of it .

Incidents in life.. Much like knowledge. Once learned, once experienced are damn damn hard to be forgotten. We may forget bits and pieces. We may brain fart every now and then. But it is still within our minds. Sometimes a little deep, and we hope we have forgotten.. But it's still there.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 1:02 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• for me it is forgetting... I can forgive all day but to erase what is engraved in my mind is nearly impossible
    Shauna71904

Answer by Shauna71904 at 1:05 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• In all honesty, I think we are all capable of forgiving.
    But, when someone is hurt, I don't think they ever truly forget. They may choose to never bring it up again, but that does not mean they have forgotten what was done. To forget, would be like unlearning a lesson.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 1:11 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• forgetting!!!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 1:14 PM on Jul. 14, 2010