Baby Shower Game Ideas

There are many of you in this group that are very creative so when I was talking to my mom on the phone last night and we were trying to come up with games I told her I would just post a question on cafemom and was sure I would get some ideas. So ladies help me please. Also I was wondering what the whole wishing well thing was if anyone can answer this for me also my mom and I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance!!

confusedgirl919

Asked by confusedgirl919 at 12:57 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Candy in jar (guess how many) Found this hope it helps :)

http://www.babyshower101.com/baby_shower_games.html

starestrada

Answer by starestrada at 12:59 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• bottle drinking contest -- who can finish a bottle of juice the fastest... I won by biting the nipple off!

Measure the belly with toilet paper -- make the guest guess how many sheets of TP it will take to wrap around the momma

due date guess chart... -- my guest guessed size weight and birthdate!

Shauna71904

Answer by Shauna71904 at 1:01 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Game idea I used for a friend's shower - Buy a small piggy bank. Inform guest that each time they say a certain word "baby" "mother's name" whatever you choose - they had to drop a dime, nickel, quarter, (your choice) in the bank. At the end of the game, we presented the mother to be with her baby's first piggy bank already full of money. She loved it and also collected a few dollars in change.
    Daffadil

Answer by Daffadil at 1:01 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• HOW WELL DO U KNO MOMMY AN DADDY-QUESTIONS ABOUT YOU AN THE BABYS FATHER.

BABY ANIMAL GAME- PEOPLE HAVE TO MATCH THE BABY ANIMAL TO THE ADULT ANIMAL OF THE SAME KIND

CUT THE RIBBON TO SEE WHO CAN ESTIMATE HOW BIG AROUND UR BELLY IS
    JaydnsMom22

Answer by JaydnsMom22 at 1:17 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• you give everyone a diaper pin to wear at the begining of the shower. they cant say the word baby if someone catches them saying it they take thier pins and any that they have collected whoever has the most at the end of the shower wins

scramble the names of a bunch of baby item give everyone a copy and see who can unscramble them all the quickest

get about 7 or 8 diapers and melt a different chocolate bar in each then have everyone write down what kind of candy they think is in each the one who guesses the most right wins

show everyone a bunch of baby item give them about 30 seconds to see them then cover them up and see who can remember the most items
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 1:45 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• OH MY GOSH my mom and I are planning my sister in laws baby shower right now and we just found the best game

Basically, to play, you read the story aloud and every time you say the word "left" your guest must pass their gift to the left. Each time you say "right" or "wright", your guests must pass their gifts to the right.

By the end of the story, whatever gift the guest is holding, is the one they keep.

LEFT RIGHT BABY SHOWER GAME STORY:

Mrs. WRIGHT went into labor. Mr. WRIGHT prepared to take Mrs. WRIGHT RIGHT to the hospital. He was in such a hurry that he put his RIGHT shoe on his LEFT foot. Obviously, he was not in his RIGHT frame of mind. Mrs. WRIGHT grabbed her sweater from the LEFT hand side of the closet and they quickly LEFT the house for the hospital. As Mr. WRIGHT approached the hospital, he noticed a detour sign. The LEFT turning lane was blocked so he turned RIGHT instead. Mr. WRIGHT drove RIGHt
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 3:20 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• i know thats long but its so cute there are a ton of different versions/stories. this is just one.
    i think its great

also - this is common. baby bingo... but its when she is opening her gifts you mark off what gifts shes opening,
    I played it at my friends baby shower, it was pretty fun
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 3:21 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• oh I just realized that the whole story didnt post. just google "baby shower left baby shower right game mrs wright" or something along those lines
    or message me on here if you cant find it, its saved on my computer so i can send it to you
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 3:22 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• thank you ladies!! this all helps so much!!
    confusedgirl919

Comment by confusedgirl919 (original poster) at 7:33 PM on Jul. 14, 2010