im 16 and pregnant...

ive had a scare before and when i thought i might have been my dad told me he'd make me abort it. legally parents arent alowed to make you right? because i dont believe in abortion. my babys father is 18 has a job paying 3,000 a week, so my dad wouldnt support our child. i just need some advice...i'm lost .

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:58 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• no parent's are not allowed to force abortion on you
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 12:59 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• no, your dad can not make you abort. if you want to keep this baby it's up to you, not anyone else.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:00 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Wow.. the father might get into trouble because you are 16 and he is 18--that is if your parents want to turn him in. As far as supporting your child, if you want to keep it, your best bet is to stay in school and maybe get a part time job after school and be sure the baby's father gets the baby what it needs.. & I don't believe your parents can force you to get an abortion..
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:00 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I don't think anyone can make you abort your baby. State to state varies as to parental consent to it or not. But if you are taken to a clinic and a doctor thinks you are against having it then they *usually* will tell you they won't do it. Call and get yourself into a health clinic. I hate to say this cuz I will probably get jumped, but apply for medicaid for yourself and then talk to a caseworker to get some help from them on this. The only issue w/ your BF is that he is 18 and in many states your parents could file statutory rape charges if they wanted to.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 1:01 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• ummm 1) no one can force you to abort 2) that is rape in most states 3) 3k a week is a hefty income is his employer hiring???
    basically the best bet might be to talk to your dad and if you plan to keep it let him know that...

Good luck, I had my DD at 17
    Shauna71904

Answer by Shauna71904 at 1:04 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• No legally your parents can not make you abort your baby!! Im just going to say this 16 is very young but you can do it if you really want it. There are plenty of women out there that have and some on this website also. You need to sit down and right a list listing the pros and cons of having a baby. Also dont expect your boyfriend to stick around he may say he is going to and gosh I hope he does but dont depend on him. If you dont have a job you need to get one. You need to look into what you can do with school? How they can help you finish on time. Good luck to you in either decision that you make. Its time to be a big girl and make a life changing decision.
    confusedgirl919

Answer by confusedgirl919 at 1:04 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• No, noone can MAKE you have an abortion. What kind of job does your boyfriend do that makes $3 grand a week..thats a lot of money for an 18 year old...more than my dh makes,lol. Just curious.
    Anyway...what do YOU want to do about it? My mom had me at 15 and I was raised pretty much by my grandparents until I was 5...then I moved out with my mom.
    Do you have a family/friend support system you can go to to talk about this? It is very important to have a mature and understanding person close to you to walk through this with you. It won't be easy but it can be done.
    I wish you the best of luck.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:05 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• its ur body so its ur choice! and good for u for wanting to have to the baby! its going to be hard but you can do it! good luck! we are here for u!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 1:05 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• carmadsmom is right. medicaid would be a good option for you. go to dhs and talk to them about it, they can walk you through what you need to do to apply. and talk to your principal. i was a teen mom and my principal did all she could to help me finish school on time. get a job and save up some money. and be prepaired to do this alone. dont depend on anyone but yourself. this is the best time to prove to people you can be more than just a teen drop out! it's going to be hard, but you will get back what you put into it.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:10 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• you mentioned how much your babys father makes, but did mention if he is supporting you having the baby and will be there for you both??
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 1:12 PM on Jul. 14, 2010