will menstraul period start back. i had a c-section 6 weeks ago and had my first injection of depo-provera at my 6 week check up. will my periods resume or no?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:09 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It could go either way, but delayed periods after the birth of a baby is normal and depo can stop periods as well.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:12 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• its been 5 months and no period for me! but im nursing so that it prolly why! if u are nursing it might not come back until u are done nursing!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 1:12 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I got three depo shots and didn't have a cycle for 18 months after. I would only recommend that method of BC to someone in a rural area without regular access to a doctor.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 1:17 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• My son will be 1 next week and I still haven't seen a normal AF, just spotting. The depo might make it stay away or bring it on just lightly. Also if you are nursing you might not see AF for a while.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 1:30 PM on Jul. 14, 2010