So, my sons father just called to let us know that he's moving back to Nevada AGAIN. We live in Ohio. He's leaving this Sunday.He moved back here after 3 years this past November.My son had a ROUGH time dealing with it the first time around...and now I can tell that my son is trying to be stone faced about it...

Just shrugged his shoulders and said I don't care. I know he does. My heart is breaking for him. Lord, how I wish I had chosen a differnt man to father my first child...so different life could have been for my son. He's such a dead beat,self centered fool. Thats what he is. In one way..I'm glad he'll be gone again..it was easier without having to deal with him not doing anything without him in the same state.But with him gone...my son misses him so much. Can you imagine being 10 yrs old and your parent calling you up and saying, well..I'm moving 3000 miles away in 4 days bud..but hey, I'll take ya to your baseball game tomorrow night kid.Yeah, that so makes up for it.I can't stand that man.I know what awaits us ahead..just like last time...10 months of counseling,anger issues,loss of trust for anyone in his life,school issues,depression...my poor child. Here we go again.

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 1:14 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Honey, I deal with the exact same thing with my 10 year old son. The only difference is his dad lives within 20 miles from us. The best advice I can give, is just love him. Let him know that you know he is hurt, and that if he wants to talk about it you will be there. Let him know that regardless of what happens, you will be there for him and love him with all your heart.
    Tell him that his Dad's decisions are not a reflection of the boy that he is, but rather the kind of man that his father is.
    I never bad mouth my son's dad around him, but at the same time, I don't lie or make excuses for him either. I just tell my son every day, how glad I am that I get to spend that day with him, love him enough to make up for his lame ass excuse for a dad, and am there when he needs someone to listen, to see through the stone face, and dry the tears like only a Mommy can.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 1:22 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Just tell the jerk to make sure he tells the boy that it's NOT about the boy! Kids always think it is about them.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:27 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Life isn't easy ... and it isn't fair either. It's hard for kids to learn this lesson, and we all wish they could learn it later rather than sooner, but sometimes that just isn't how it happens.
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 1:45 PM on Jul. 14, 2010