My daughter has the weirdest habit, she's 2...

I've BEEN trying to get her to stop doing this ever since she started. I never let her get away with it, she has an obsession with my biceps. its very hot outside, so i'm always in a tanktop or tube top, so my arms are always showing. She stays next to them kisses them licks them and squeezes them. Its an obsession, its especially annoying when i'm online and trying to type, or drinking or eating. I scold her , put her in time out, and constantly tell her to knock it off, she will for a little then come back next to me. Its VERY annoying. I can't get her to stop, when i keep telling her n she goes away n comes back, i end up going nuts n yelling at her and she cries and walks away. I feel bad after but it REALLY is annoying, especially in public! HELP

fefe87

Asked by fefe87 at 1:19 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• LOL.. I'm sorry..that sounds very funny, but I can see where it would get annoying.. I would do the same thing you are though--tell her to stop & time out..
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:20 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• yeah i know, i laugh sometimes, but its like non stop and time out is getting no where.
    fefe87

Comment by fefe87 (original poster) at 1:23 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• she probably wants some attention.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 1:23 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• my dd likes my hair. she hates when i put it up. and when it's down she always wants to be touching it and playing with it. it's so annoying and she tangles it something fierce! all i know to do is tell her to stop and dicipline her. but it doesnt help much. i figure she will grow out of it eventually.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:24 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• That is a new one! She does need to stop. I'd ask her to work on "willing" herself to stop~talk about stopping our body. Ask her what it is she likes~salty? What could you redirect her to? water balloon? I think it feels too good to her for her to control herself..water play?
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 1:27 PM on Jul. 14, 2010