I HAVE 2 SISTERS THAT I'VE NEVER MET.

MY TWIN SISTER & I HAVE 2 OLDER SISTERS THAT WE HVE NEVER MET.WE'RE GOING TO BE 50 THIS YEAR.I DON'T REALLY KNOW HOW OLD THEY ARE.ANYWAY... WE JUST FOUND OUT WHERE THEY ARE BUT THEY DON'T WANT TO MEET US . MY TWIN SAYS"OH WELL" BUT I'M HURT & DON'T UNDERSTAND.I'VE ALWAYS WONDERED ABOUT THEM & I DON'T CARE HOW THEIR LIVES ARE.WE'RE FAMILY.I REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT TO THINK?!

bvannkissy

Asked by bvannkissy at 1:46 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• Mabybe you can send a letter and some pictures.. it wouldn't hurt to maybe engage them a lil.. You never know why they feel that way.. Be the better person and take the high road and start some communication with them.
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 1:51 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Sometimes, it depends on why you were separated in the first place when they don't want to meet you. Maybe their parent(s) said bad things. Some people have no desire to meet biological family members. Its sad. I have tried hard to keep a connection between my older son and his siblings. My younger son will never meet most of his siblings as his bio father probably does not know how many children he actually has. My younger son was adopted by me and my older son was adopted by my hubby.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 1:52 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I just found my older brother. He is my dad's oldest son from his first marriage... We talked but my older sister wont talk. It could be bitterness since you were with your dad and mom? It would be they don't want a relationship. I would just send a letter, call and jsut let them know how things have been for you two.
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 1:53 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• You never you know you might have something in common. :) Good luck and hopefully your able to meet them
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 1:55 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I am sorry that they do not want to meet. Maybe give yourself and them some time to get to know each other first, if you've never met them...you have what you've lived so far to catch up with, that is alot for people to take. Take it slow and allow them time to get to know you, I think that is the best you can do for now. My hubby was in a similar situation, he was adopted and found his biological sisters about 2 years ago, because he was in such a rush to get to know them, he soon discovered that maybe meeting some of them was not the right choice as quickly as he did and some of the relationships he hoped to build just fell to the ground and now they don't speak at all. Good luck.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 1:52 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Wow, how exciting is that. I would communicate through letters. They may just be nervous. I'm not sure what the situation is. Were you all adopted or fostered? I guess it isn't any of our business.. Good luck, that is exciting!
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 2:04 PM on Jul. 14, 2010