Anyone have a child with celiac disease?

My son is being tested for it. He has gone from 90th to 25th in 4 months, constipated, still eats a lot and pretty cranky. I have been researching it, and it looks to be manageable. I just want him to get healthier:-)

Hunnysmommy

Asked by Hunnysmommy at 1:50 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Neither of my kids do but one of my dearest friends was just diagnosed celiac a few months ago. She had to do a pretty major shift in the way she ate but it is totally manageable and really, once you learn what you can and can't have it's pretty easy.

Your son being young will be beneficial because it will be easier to change his eating habits and have them stick at such a young age then it would be for him to find out when he's 30 and have to make drastic changes to his diet.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 1:53 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• My nephew has it. We have a lot of celiac disease in our family. The good thing is that they are making so many more gluten free foods now.And there are some good online support groups where you can get good recipes and ideas.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 3:06 PM on Jul. 14, 2010