• In the Spotlight:

What do you do...

...when it is too hot to cook anything? With the air running non-stop it is almost 80 in the house...what do I make for dinner? We don't have sandwich stuff or cereal, or I would just have that and we have no money to eat out as a family...

HuskerMommy08

Asked by HuskerMommy08 at 1:57 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Well the oven will heat the house more so i would opt for a 1 pot meal on the stove.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:58 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Call my mom. lol
    Hmm, maybe cook on the grill? Do you have some Chef Boyardee you can microwave? Salads?
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 1:59 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I cook out on the grill.....I'd rather suffer for 30 min then heat the house up for the rest of the night while my AC struggles to get it back down lol
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 2:01 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• We usually have leftovers. When we moved, I went from cooking for 7 (two of which were growing teenage boys) to cooking for 3. I've still not got it and we always have leftovers that we put together for lunch or dinner on another day.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:02 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• BLT's
    adakbride

Answer by adakbride at 2:02 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I love my crockpot. You can find a million recipes, it won't heat up the house, easy clean up.
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 2:33 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I would have cheese and crackers and veggies and ranch dip and some fruit.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 2:45 PM on Jul. 14, 2010