Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

If some residents have noticed that drivers don't respect the traffic sign at an intersection...what can the residents do to stop this reckless behavior from part of the drivers?


Asked by Anonymous at 1:58 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

This question is closed.
Answers (11)
  • Contact the traffic enforcement division of your local police or a city council representative.

    Answer by UpSheRises at 1:58 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

  • Call the police. You may be able to get some special enforcement in that area...they'd LOVE a revenue stream (fines from tickets).

    Answer by gdiamante at 2:00 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

  • I agree, call the police and take their advice.

    Answer by Bmat at 2:01 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

  • Petition the city for speedbumps. There are removable ones that only go down when the weather is clear and can be taken up in winter so the plows can still work. They might ignore a stop sign, but they're far less likely to ignore suspension damage.

    Answer by NotPanicking at 2:18 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

  • autodidact

    Answer by autodidact at 2:19 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

  • if you get their plate number, or know who's doing it, you can report them to the city/police.

    Answer by CAGirl4 at 2:02 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

  • ever seen "The World According to Garp"? lol

    Answer by autodidact at 2:06 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

  • I would call in to the police department and complain enough until they sent an officer out to take care of the problem.

    Answer by AshleaaKayy at 2:14 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

  • Call local police. say, want to make some major revenue for the city by writing is an intersection for you. I called about the insane amount of people blowing through a school zone each morning there was a cop car on the corner.

    Answer by salexander at 2:54 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

  • We had a two way stop turned into a 4 way stop, not because of people ignoring the stop sign, but because the people without the stop sign were speeding and it was hard to see far enough up the street to make a safe crossing. We contacted a town councilwoman and she took care of which departments to contact. She was able to get no parking signs up immediately (cars where parked right up to the corner, plus shrubs that needed to be cut, a boat parked on a lawn, etc) They had to do a traffic study to justify the additional stop signs. But she coordinated the whole thing and made sure the ball didn't get dropped.

    Answer by LoveMyDog at 3:13 PM on Jul. 14, 2010