Wow apparently...

Your not a law abiding citizen or Your children aren't well behaved if your don't put a shopping cart away. First off let me just LOL cause that is by far the funniest thing.. If your look at my other question you will see. It makes me laugh because someone make it such a big deal about putting a shopping cart away. As if they have never not put one away.Can you honestly say you put your cart away everytime you went to the store? If so pat your self on the back you are by far the most law abiding citizen out there. AGAIN LOL

http://www.cafemom.com/answers/451674/is_it_really_such_a_big_deal

Claudiomom

Asked by Claudiomom at 2:05 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Shopping

• I do most of the time but not always, this is what they pay the people at the store for, to collect the carts is part of someones job description. That is funny!!!!!

Answer by older at 2:07 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I can honestly say I do always put my cart away. Sorry.

I just consciously choose a spot right next to the the carts so I don't have to go running around. Plus, I don't want to cause damage to others' cars. It's pretty simple.

I think if you ask a question on here you need to be open to ALL opinions.
    Sara.Robyson

Answer by Sara.Robyson at 2:10 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• It's not a law that you have to put your cart away....lol
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 2:08 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• - Wow. Your lack of comprehension of what those ladies were saying to you is just plain incredible.

No one said it's a law. They said it's common courtesy, it's part of teaching a child to do what's right, that having to pay someone drives up grocery prices, that not putting away carts can damage vehicles.
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 2:12 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I can honestly say that I put the cart back every time. I have a 3 year old and a baby and I will load the groceries into the car, take the cart back and carry the baby and hold my son's hand back to the car.

The stores where I am from do have employees that go around and collect the carts from the parking lot but that's not their sole job. The only reason they have that as part of their job description is because people leave them all over the parking lot.

I try to be considerate of other people as much as I can. I don't want to make people's jobs harder than they have to be. We have street sweepers in town too but I don't throw my garbage on the ground just because the city pays people to drive street sweepers.
    I don't leave my tray and all of it's wrappers and garbage on the table at fast food places just because they have employees that will clean it up.

I do what I would want other people to do if I had that job.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 2:19 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• The only place I don't always put the cart away is Publix when my daughter is with me and I've bought a lot of groceries. If I only have a few groceries then I leave the cart in the store. Their cart returns are at the very front of the parking lot and I will not leave my daughter in the car alone, especially in this heat, to put the cart away. Everywhere else, I will park near the cart return, a lot of times the ones further out, and always put the cart away. Before I had her, I always put it away.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 3:02 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I used to work in retail and remember how annoying it was to have to try and find all the carts and also wander off really far to fetch them all. Because of this, my son always hangs out in the cart while I put groceries in the car, and then we both wheel the cart up to where it belongs, then I carry my son or we walk together back to the car. I do understand the bad weather issues and that is the only situation where I don't put the cart back to its home. While I feel guilty for that, I know that the employee won't have to go collect carts until the weather clears up.
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 3:25 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I've left a few shopping carts, here and there, LOL I don't think it's a big deal I think it' s one of those things people have done at one time or another...the only thing though, I don't ever leave shopping carts really close to cars, if I can I just put them away but if I leave it around the parking lot I try to be cautious that it doesn't hit other vehicles.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 2:07 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I know I thought I would share it makes me laugh... I sometimes prop the cart up on the curb
    Claudiomom

Comment by Claudiomom (original poster) at 2:11 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• You should really examine this situation. You have three questions open about shopping carts...

Sorry, you're having such a bad day! : )
    Sara.Robyson

Answer by Sara.Robyson at 2:19 PM on Jul. 14, 2010