its been 16 hours since iv held down any food. at what point should i call the doctor?

i am 7 weeks

cassie_m

Asked by cassie_m at 2:06 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• when I was pregnant for the first time I got extremely sick. I could only sip certain drinks like apple juice and water and they had to be at room temp or hot....nothing cold. all I could eat practically was buttered popcorn, canned chicken noodle soup and vanilla ice cream.
    I had to be prescribed some hard core nausea meds that helped A LOT. best thing to do is to talk to your doctor now and get seen....because you don't want to be dehydrated on top of not being able to eat as well...xoxoxo
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 2:29 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Now. If you can't hold any food down, you need to call. If it is only related to the pregnancy, s/he can give you something for it. I was prescribed zofran. I actually lost 10 pounds early on because I couldn't keep food down. You don't want to run the risk of getting dehydrated and landing in the hospital or loosing too much weight.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 2:08 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• are you able to hold down fluids?
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 2:09 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• no on the fluids. if i sip tiny amounts that are too small to throw up yes. i just called the doc. havnt heard back yet though.
    cassie_m

Comment by cassie_m (original poster) at 2:17 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Maybe ask your doctor for a prescription for Zofran or something to help knock the nausea out. The most important thing is eat very small meals thoughout the day.. Like 5-6 meal. Eat crackers and try tea.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 3:31 PM on Jul. 14, 2010