What is your child doing or what was your child doing at 11 months?

AshleaaKayy

Asked by AshleaaKayy at 2:15 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• my child at 11 months
    was not showing any autism signs that i know of or remember
    was a regualr toddler
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 2:16 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Walking, eating solids, drinking from a cup (no bottle after 10 months), its been 6 years so thats about all I am sure of.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 2:18 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• My son army crawls lol, we've tried getting him to crawl regularly but he insists to army crawl lol. He is in the process of switching to the sippy cup. He eats everything we eat but picks the meat out of his mouth haha. Is it a bad thing that he doesnt wanna eat meat?
    AshleaaKayy

Comment by AshleaaKayy (original poster) at 2:20 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• No. My 7 yo has always not liked meat. She will leave it for last on her plate. I don't make her eat it.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 2:23 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• My DD just turned 11 months the other day. She is a super baby. She walks, eats solids, drinks from a sippy cup and has also drank from a regular cup(in the pool), she has a few words, she dances, she stacks things, she puts things in boxes and buckets, she blows kisses, she has a temper, lol!

She holds the phone up to her ear like she's talking, she figured out how to push the button on one of the kids toys to make the music play, she climbs up and down stairs, she eats pretty much anything I put in front of her, she waves and says "buh bye", she is basically all around amazing.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 2:24 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I never tried making him eat the baby food meat b/c to me it looked and smelled disgusting.
    AshleaaKayy

Comment by AshleaaKayy (original poster) at 2:25 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Well she makes my son seem wayyy behind lol. She deff sounds like a super baby!!
    AshleaaKayy

Comment by AshleaaKayy (original poster) at 2:26 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• My first just started crawling at 11 months and was still eating baby food. He also didn't eat meat for a few months even after he was willing to eat table foods (starting about 14 months). Eventually he decided it wasn't so bad after all, and now he can't get enough chicken, lol. He never took to a sippy, but when we tried a straw cup at about 12 months he never looked back.

My second at 11 months had been army crawling since 7 months and hands-and-knees crawling for maybe a month, was starting to cruise on furniture, ate anything that was put in front of her, and had been using a straw cup for a while (we never really pushed sippies with her since we already had so many straw cups from our first).
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 2:26 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• My daughter will be 11 months on Friday. She mostly army crawls, but will crawl short distances on her hands and knees. One reason that she mostly army crawls is that we have all hardwood floors so it's easier for her to slide herself around. At least that's what my husband and I think. She pulls up to a stand and cruises on furniture. She babbles - dadad, daydayday, bababa, bubub, etc., but doesn't associate any sounds with actual things such as dada to my husband. She does know what things are though. When I say milk before nursing or more during mealtimes, she gets excited and smiles. She eats solids pretty well. Since she doesn't have molars, yet, there are a few foods she has trouble with, but for the most part she is doing really well. We hardly ever fed her jarred food, though. We mashed or pureed our own and never as runny as the jar stuff is.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 2:32 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• She sounds like my son. He tells his daddy "dada" and me as well lol. He waves bye and when we look at him and say "awww" he tilts his head to the side like we do :)
    AshleaaKayy

Comment by AshleaaKayy (original poster) at 2:35 PM on Jul. 14, 2010