Potty training woes....

My son is 2 and a half and has been "potty trained" for a few months now. He'll go when we take him but he won't go on his own. He hasn't gotten to the point where he can tell us he has to go. Is this normal and what can I do to make him realize he has to go?

HeatherLeigh

Asked by HeatherLeigh at 2:17 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• idk my son is 21mo and he pee pees on the potty but i have to leave his diaper off and he has to wear one out and at night.
    lolapop13

Answer by lolapop13 at 2:24 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I asked this question yesterday. The moms said that it will eventually come. It's funny because I was frustrated yesterday about her going number 2 in her pull up so I emphasized that she must tell me when she wants to poo. So today she told me when she had to poo but not when she has to pee lol. But like they said it will eventually click.
    DaGoodLife

Answer by DaGoodLife at 2:44 PM on Jul. 14, 2010