HAS ANYONE HAD THE CHICKEN POX TWICE?

I DID.I DON'T REMEMBER HOW OLD I WAS THE FIRST TIME.THE DOC SAID THAT I DIDN'T HAVE THEM BAD ENOUGH BACK THEN.THE 2nd TIME I WAS 13 YRS.OLD.I REMEMBER LIKE IT WAS YESTERDAY.& I'M ALMOST 50 NOW.

bvannkissy

Asked by bvannkissy at 2:19 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Health

• I did not, but my mother did. She had them once as a child and again when we had them because her first case was so minor it didn't allow her system to build immunity. She only had like one "pock" and no fever as a child. As an adult it almost killed her.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:20 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• my brother did
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:19 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• my mom had shingles, it is chicken pox come back in different form-very painful some people have to go to hospital
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 2:20 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Had chicken pox as a child once then I got the shingles as an adult and have nerve damage because of that. Sucks!
    ProudMammaMia

Answer by ProudMammaMia at 2:35 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I cant get chicken pox, some antibody i have, it a very small % of people that have it, did tests when i got pregnant, very harmful if you get it when you are pregnant
    tamithy

Answer by tamithy at 9:45 PM on Jul. 15, 2010