• In the Spotlight:

Who is your favorite past president?

And why?

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 2:32 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Ronald Reagan, because he actually had guts to DO something instead of just run his mouth.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 2:36 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• George Washington. Total bad ass.

I's also bring back Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, and John Adams. We could use thier advice.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 2:39 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Ronald Reagan.

He was a great leader, communicator and motivator. He drew upon the strengths of past US Presidents, including the UK's Winston Churchill. He was humble yet comical. He was a visionary and a honorable person. And he revitalized the economy after Carter's gross mismanagement. If only he could be brought back to life after Obama's term and gross mismanagement of the economy, that would be a most welcome CHANGE!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:49 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• 1. Eisenhower: he was an excellent President and provided several excellent laws of which are still protecting us, he also warned of the economic reliance that the US has on the war machine and that we should combine both intellectual and labor trade in order to be a self sufficient country.

2. Abe Lincoln: because I was a little girl and I am an idealist as he was.

3. Bill Clinton.

4. FDR.

5. George Washington.

6. Ronald Regan for his business ideas.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 2:37 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Lincoln...a man a head of his time
    FDR...some say if he was alive and you had endless terms, he would still be in office
    I think Clinton made some poor choices, but he is an amazing smart person
    Regan because he was not afraid to use the red phone, and all the hostiges came marching home!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:52 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Andrew Jackson, he is the only president to actually balance the budget, plus he made the greatest land purchase of all times - the Louisiana Purchase (over 3 million acres) for $.03/acre. (Yes, I know about the Trail of Tears and all, but his over-all presidency taken as a whole makes him my favorite.) Reagan is my second favorite.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 3:03 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Clinton, even with his flaws... look at our debt today and when he was in office
    HuskerMommy08

Answer by HuskerMommy08 at 2:33 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Lincoln. The man was brilliant and he had something that is hard to find today - CHARACTER.
    Sara.Robyson

Answer by Sara.Robyson at 2:36 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I liked Mr.Clinton
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 2:39 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Eisenhower , he had amazing foresight

Lincoln, because he made hard decisions that strenghened our nation ....he did things that were best for the US and NOT necessarily his personal ideals

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 2:45 PM on Jul. 14, 2010