can he get sick?????????????????????????

so i am sick i have a cold and im with my baby 24/7 and i really dont wanna get near him because i dont want him to get sick but i have to kause i breast feed him but he eats formula to well that make a difference or will he still get sick because i am sick and he eats both formula and breastmilk

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• in my honest opinion, regardless if you are feeding him or not, your imunity boosters that are in your milk will keep him safe. your milk is living food, can't get any better than that. My bf had a nasty cold, and me and the boy were the only ones that didnt get it. Even though everyone else thats around us did. Especially both grandmas. Good luck, and dont worry, if he gets the sniffles, you can get little noses saline drops. Hugs
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 12:27 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• continuing to bf, unless you are taking medication that is unsafe for your baby, is the best thing you can do to keep your baby from getting your illness. What your immune system produces to try to fight that particular sickness is passed to the baby in your milk, keeping him healthy! So keep bf'ing, just be extra clean as far as extra hand-washing and hand sanitizer and such. hope you feel better!
    kikikiki

Answer by kikikiki at 12:36 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• ^^^^ what she said...
    GFXMommy

Answer by GFXMommy at 1:11 AM on Oct. 1, 2008