Is it worth the money?

So, I am looking at getting an automatic litter box cleaner, do you have one? Which one? Pros and cons of it? Is it worth it?

college.mom

Asked by college.mom at 2:48 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Pets

• It is awesome if you have multiple cats, it will clean itself each time it is used, but you must clean out the drawer daily. I love it, and think it is well worth the money.

Answer by older at 2:51 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• we got one for a while. the cats were afraid of it and started pooping and peeing elsewhere in the house.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 2:52 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Older, what one do you have? There are like a million out there, we have two cats, and honestly I think we need it!
    college.mom

Comment by college.mom (original poster) at 2:53 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• It depends on what type you get. Most of them you still have to clean the waste out everyday. You also can't you regular clumping litter. Plus you still need to empty it and clean it. Also you have to keep buying the waste receptacles. You still have the same smells as with regualr litter boxes.

BoosMom927

Answer by BoosMom927 at 2:53 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I have the ScoopFree litter box. It's expensive, but it is worth it, imo. I have two cats, and I only have to change the litter every week and a half to two weeks. The entire bottom of this litter box is a disposable tray, so there is very little cleaning to do.  One of my cats was scared of it for the first month, so I had some problems with her not using it, but she is fine with it now.  I also have the service that delivers the litter trays to my house; the litter is a little cheaper that way.

andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 9:13 AM on Jul. 15, 2010