have you ever taken slimquick?

if you have how was the turn out? i would love to hear how is has or hasent worked for you .. and did you have to give up certain foods? did you hav eto exercise alot with it ? any fedback would be great thanks!

gfam6

Asked by gfam6 at 2:51 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Don't do it! It's really not worth the risk when you can exercise and eat right.

This stuff can really mess you up. All diet pills have the potential to do permanent harm to your body.
    Sara.Robyson

Answer by Sara.Robyson at 2:55 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I did 2x but not to loose weight! I used them when I got my wisdom teeth out and then again when I was pg w/ my oldest to help me add more calories to my day.

A better plan for you would be to try going gluten free, sugar & HFCS free. Whole fruit would still be fine
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 2:58 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I had one once. I thought it was disgusting, so I never picked up another can.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 3:00 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• ok wait slimquick is a pill not a powder
    gfam6

Comment by gfam6 (original poster) at 3:02 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• opps we are all thinking of slimfast! My advice still is the same though
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 3:19 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I have taken it DO NOT TAKE IT!! actually DONT take any pills that are appetite suppressants. i wasn't hungry at all and THATS A BAD thing. A healthy weight loss is 1-2 lbs a week just by eating healthy and exercising (at least 30 min a day)..eat 6x a day breakfast lunch .dinner (then 3 snacks in-between. take it from me i am someone that has had body image problems since i was 14 and have taken everything out there its not good for you! i dont take any pills anymore because they mess up your insides && anything that makes you not want to eat is def bad for you, you actually need calories to loose weight (it helps boost your matabolism) an average prsn needs 1200 cals a day best of luck to you :]
    Italiana88

Answer by Italiana88 at 4:39 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Diets and diet aids (if they even work) are temporary fixes; some are actually dangerous. Unless you learn how to eat healthy for life, you will not be able to maintain a healthy weight and will stay on the gain/lose roller coaster - frustrating for you and hard on your body. Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water every day. Eat 6-7 servings of whole grains (brown rice, whole grain bread, etc.) every day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables every day, in at least 3 different colors. Eat at least 2 servings of legumes every day. You will lose weight. You will have more energy. You will maintain a healthy weight. You will get sick less often. You will be setting a wonderful example for your children. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big pile of vegetables before meals

Answer by rkoloms at 7:56 PM on Jul. 14, 2010