Is it normal for my two & 1/2 yr old to...

Be so darn figgity! Even when she's sitting down she has to be moving so she'll swing her arms, kick her feet, shake her head. She'll even talk none stop not particularly talking to me or anyone else, just to herself. If she's not doing that she's bighting her nails (which I try to keep her from). I thought it was normal but my 1 & 1/2 yo can sit still. Should I be concerned about a hyperactive disorder?

DaGoodLife

Asked by DaGoodLife at 2:51 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think they have too much energy to burn, but if this concerns you talk to the doctor for peace of mind.

Answer by older at 2:54 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• she sounds like a kinistenic learner(that's a GOOD thing)
    You may enjoy the book
    Raising Your Spirited Child Rev Ed: A Guide for Parents Whose Child Is More Intense, Sensitive, Perceptive, Persistent, and Energetic by Mary Sheedy Kurcinka
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 2:55 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Oops I spelled 'biting' wrong lol doing too much.
    @Lynette thanks! I'll look into that.
    DaGoodLife

Comment by DaGoodLife (original poster) at 2:58 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• My son is the same way, always has been. Even in time out he's constantly moving SOME part of his body. And I swear at night he's moving around until the very second he falls asleep! He doesn't stay still for anything. I started to get concerned but I have yet for someone to tell me it's not normal (including the doctor) so I guess that just the way he is. Drives me nuts sometimes but that's my boy.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 3:05 PM on Jul. 14, 2010