Did the NAACP hit a nerve?

Sarah Palin issued a statement defending the Tea Party from the NAACP's resolution asking them to denounce the racist elements within the party. I think this blog illustrates the fallacy of her statement pretty well.

http://theimmoralminority.blogspot.com/2010/07/i-think-we-hit-nerve-sarah-palins.html#more

What do you think?

DEpley

Asked by DEpley at 2:53 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Wow, those pictures say it all. While I cannot classify every tea party member as a racist there are definitely some and you know what they say, one bad apple spoils the bunch. If they don't want the whole party classified as racist they need to weed out the bad members instead of acting like they don't exist.
    DaGoodLife

Answer by DaGoodLife at 3:06 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• This same question is about 3 or four down and I will say the SAME thing HERE. The NAACP makes its self look foolish with this idiocy and also once again proves it is NOT out for the betterment of African Americans but for camera time :) Tell me...do they condemn the black Panthers a group that IS racist too it's CORE...or just a group that has FRINGE elements that are racist......like EVERY part. Hell the Dems just made a BIGO production at the funeral of a senator that was in the KKK for Gods sakes.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 3:09 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Who cares what one set of nutjobs has to say about another set of nutjobs?

I think Sarah Palin and Jesse Jackson are both totally whacked out and i don't understand why is still listening to either of them.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 4:01 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Just curious...are we going picture for picture here ooooor??? Because I can pull up some JUST as heinous ones of GWB AND those pictures are NOT from Tea Party events and for the love of CRIPES are we REALLY using BLOGS as sources??? If so I dont want to hear a DANG thing about a FOX NEWS source AGAIN on here!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 3:12 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• The NAACP will do anything they can right now to deflect attention from the Black Panthers and any associated crap that may splash onto them as long as hate-spewing Black Panthers are in the news.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:19 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Oh well in THAT case I find it COMPLETELY one sided and biased. They took pictures that were NOT from a tea party event and presented them in an article as if saying they are representative of the tea partymovement even tho....AGAIN...they are not FROM tea party events.  And AGAIN Sarah Palin is not IN office...IF in the future she gets INTO an office or RUNS for an office THEN her opinion will carry more weight until then she holds no more power than  Janeane Garofalo and Joy behar...but hey if you want to be lumped together with hall the left nut jobs we can do THAT too!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 3:20 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• What does the Black Panthers have to do with the NAACP?

Fundraising. Or are you really so naive to think they're all about idealism?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:30 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I am offended that she said we are in Post Racial America. I cannot believe how anyone could possibly believe that to be true. Lets discuss pay scales, hiring practices, education levels, poverty stats, etc. Wow.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 3:39 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

They are calling out RACIST groups right?? Only problem IS that the group they condemned ISNT racist but there ARE racist groups thy COULD be spending time condemning...but THAT wouldnt get them camera time now would it!?

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 3:50 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• You will find racists in any large group and I'm sure there are some in the NAACP too!
    solamama

Answer by solamama at 4:25 PM on Jul. 14, 2010