Sick of my boyfriend being lazy...

We have been together for 8 years and he just seems to get lazier and lazier. I am 9 months pregnant and do almost everything around the house and I work fulltime. He was on unemployment and watching our oldest daughter so we could save money on daycare. Now that his unemployment is up he doesn't seem too motivated to get off his butt and get a job and it is making me so mad. He gets mad when I nag him, but I will ask him to do things 2 or 3 times before he gets off his butt to finally do it. I am sick of having to tell him to take out the garbage or do the dishes. He'll wait till I go to do it and then offer. How can I get him to start helping more? I am at my wits end.

hornz102485

Asked by hornz102485 at 2:56 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• tell him you are sick of his lazy a$$
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 2:57 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Yeah girl speak up about what is bothering you!

Answer by older at 2:59 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• don't do the dishes unless you have to make something for DD and yourself. If he wants to eat he can clean his own fork and plate. Let the garbage pile up, let the gas tank run empty...
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 3:00 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I have told him I am sick of it, and nothing. I have let the dishes pile up and garbage, but he wont do it. I'm going crazy. He wont even take our daughter outside during the day for more than 30 minutes if that cuz it's "too hot". Kids need the fresh air and exercise even if he has to sweat. His idea of watching her all day is putting on cartoons or movies all day!
    hornz102485

Comment by hornz102485 (original poster) at 3:02 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Tell him now and do not wait until your the one that gets stuck doing everything. I would have a night out with some friends it might be a good idea to have a good time for once.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:05 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• When people show us who they are, we should believe them.

You cannot change other people. You can only control your actions and reactions. If it's not a priority to him to modify his behavior, there's not much you can do about it other than decide if this is something you can let go of or not. If not, it's probably time to consider some other options.
    BuddyRoo

Answer by BuddyRoo at 3:25 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Ok....this is what you do be SUPERMOMMY AND SUPERWOMAN show him that you really dont need him. Be secerative about everything. Some men can't stand to see a woman taking out the trash or being the man in a relationship. See by him keeping the yall daughter then he thinks that he is working because he have to watch her all day. If you can put her in daycare (please try)....just to show that you dont need him and cant depend on him and when its time for food in the house only buy the basic esp if you are going to put her in daycare. Since he is the father and jobless...ask him to sign up for FOOD STAMPS AND DAYCARE FOR YOU CHILD. Some men refuses to depend on the system. Dont bash him and put him down just show him that you are tired and you are about to move on with your life with or witout him. You are letting him get comfortable and we as woman need to not let these men get comfortable. INVITE ME....I have more advice.
    mom42107

Answer by mom42107 at 4:43 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• idk but if he is no help maybe you should ditch him, seriously youre 9 mths pregnant and carrying the burden by yourself
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 11:52 PM on Jul. 14, 2010