Church of Christ

What's the first thing that comes to your mind?

Asked by Anonymous at 3:12 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• legalism to the extreme

Answer by jdmyangel at 9:39 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I'm not going!

Answer by beeky at 3:31 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I went there for a few years with a boyfriend. Don't want to remember HIM. LOL.

Answer by kjrn79 at 3:12 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Its ok.

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:15 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Baptismal regeneration

Answer by solamama at 3:19 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• conservative

Answer by MamaK88 at 3:49 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• My uncle. Was a pastor at a Church of Christ. I was always very uncomfortable there.

Answer by fairyinabubble at 4:04 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• haha first thought is the churches i grew up in. theres good things and bad. but since the CoC doesnt have a hierarchy and each congregation is in charge of its own leadership some are super crazy & kinda cultish (popular definition not real) while the Oklahoma & Texas ones are just like any other Christian church. ive gone to both uber conservative (mostly in the North) and extremely liberal that said nail polish was a sin and another that doesnt think homosexuality is a sin.

you really cant just say "Church of Christ" and have one definition b/c none are the same. also, theres the United CoC, the Independent CoC, and then the awkward hard to tell difference btw Church of Christ and churches of Christ.

Answer by okmanders at 4:19 PM on Jul. 14, 2010