Does anyone else NOT like being thanked?

I know I am weird but I do not like to be thanked by my family. I feel there are certain things expected of me. Just for an example: making dinner. Easy enough right? If you want to thank me do the dishes, but I feel it is something that has to be done and that being a mom should be a thankless job. I didn't say they shouldn't be grateful....

ABusyBee

Asked by ABusyBee at 3:13 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I agree! Actions are loud then words!
    BoosMom927

Answer by BoosMom927 at 3:14 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I don't expect it from my hubby and kids, but he teaches them to be thankful by having them thank me I guess. He always makes sure the kids say "thanks mom" after every meal. I do the same for him when he cooks, they thank us both when we both cook, it's been a habit in my house hold I guess. If one of the kids helps we also thank that child for helping.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 3:15 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I know what you mean but it still nice to be appreciated.

Answer by older at 3:16 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I think that everyone should show their appreciation when someone does something for them. Its quite rude to expect for someone to do something for you. On the other had if your children still live at home, then of course cooking dinner is kind of expected, especially if they are too young to do it by themselves.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 3:17 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I understand but it is still nice to hear that even though you are the one to cook that they are thankful anyway
    Savymom25

Answer by Savymom25 at 3:18 PM on Jul. 14, 2010